National broadcaster ORF interviewed us on the near-term implications of AI and robots on society.
- Robots will play an important role in our future - from telepresence in classrooms to elderly care 🤖
- Asian countries, especially Japan, have an early lead - both from society‘s acceptance of robots to corporate R&D programs 🇯🇵🇨🇳🇰🇷
- contrary to popular belief, job displacement through AI will hit many highly skilled jobs first „it‘s more likely we will automate doctors than nurses“ 👩⚕️
- however, technological progress always lead to changing job and skill profiles, which in hindsight didn‘t decrease workforce participation 👩💻👩🔬
- unknown to many, decision making by AI is already regulated in the GDPR. An AI will not have the final say on your next credit or medical treatment anytime soon.